ALL ABOUT IT
Naturellement is coming for you at hip west end hub The Edwards.
An exclusive event of wine, beer, and spirits, where you can taste the best Newcastle and the Hunter has to offer. Meet the makers and soak up the atmosphere as you sip the day away with friends.
If you’re more an international explorer, then the one-time only Baller Bar curated by P&V Wine + Liquor Merchants is your ultimate destination.
Masterclasses you ask? Why yes, but run don’t walk to secure your spot in our small run of masterclasses with the makers and prolific wine fanatic Mike Bennie.
Food will feature collaborations by some of the best local chefs along with a few guests in tow featuring a new menu each session while DJ’s keep the good times rolling.
So kick back, support local and get ready for one hell of a party.
SATURDAY 17TH & SUNDAY 18TH APRIL
SESSION TIMES: 11AM TIL 2PM / 3PM TIL 6PM
▪ Tickets will be sold per sessions + opportunity to book masterclasses within each session at an additional cost
▪ Your masterclass ticket does not get you into the main event, you need to purchase an event ticket as well
▪ A fancy glass to use throughout the day to sample all your refreshments and keep as a small memento of your excellent time
▪ Access to the curated line up of delicious food to match each session (food to purchased separately)
▪ Masterclasses will be run by Mike Bennie, a curated program will be added and include tasting 4-5 wines with winemakers on the floor joining. 30 mins, very chill
▪ Masterclass sessions and times to be confirmed soon
▪ Each evening we will throw open the doors to the general public to join the party, drinks curated by P&V and DJ’s
▪ $55 per session (+booking fee)
▪ $75 gets you into both sessions on the one day (+booking fee)
▪ Masterclass tickets $30 (+booking fee)
This inaugural event is the love child of three special individuals who live for their industries, and they are the reason why you NEED to get to this event.
Any Novocastrian worth their salt will know Silverchair bass-guitarist turned hospitality-Midas Chris Joannou, who is hosting this curated event at his flagship venue, The Edwards.
Joining him is P&V Wine & Liquor Merchants co-founder and illustrious wine guru, Mike Bennie. He’s a renowned food and wine journalist, wine judge, and even personally curated former Prime Minister, Malcolm Turnbull’s wine cellar. Bennie has invited over 30 of his closest wine, brewing and distilling mates to bestow interactive tasting upon guests across the weekend.
And lastly, the driving force behind some of the most acclaimed arts and culinary festivals, working across Australia and internationally, including the world-renowned Taste Festivals (Australia and Asia), Margaret River Gourmet Escape, and Adelaide Fringe, award winning producer Kristy Austin from ‘we are neighbourgood’ who specialise in providing experiences that celebrate ‘local neighbourghoods’.
“Naturellement is set to be an exclusive event for those who love to experience food and wine in a creative and interactive way” Austin said, founder and creator of Naturellement.
“You can expect the unexpected when it comes to what’s on offer, with Mike curating an exceptional list of producers, masterclasses to dive deeper into some of the best drops with wine makers and a rotating bank of some of Newcastle’s best chefs collaborating on epic menus for each session.”
Mike Bennie is the modern-day Marco Polo of the wine variety, with a nose and palate that has brought together some of the coolest and most wicked wines, spirits, and brews.
“Natural, organic, sustainable and quirky is what you will find at this event at The Edwards across the weekend,” Bennie said.
“We want guests to walk away passionate about exploring the not-so-beaten track on their wine journey, and the makers who are driving the natural wine movement so the Masterclasses are a must.”